Recipe from one of my cookbooks “Tartine” By Elisabeth M Prueitt and Chad Robertson.
This weekend while we are staying home and “social distancing” I thought it would be a fun time to bake and drink wine of course!
Ingredients from Tartine
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, (minimum of 60% cacao) chopped
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp (5-1/2 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp (1-3/4 oz) cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (4 oz or 1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (8 oz) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whole milk
Whole Foods had a big sale on chocolate chips so I used 1/2 semi-sweet chips and 1/2 dark chocolate chips and chopped them up in substitute for the bittersweet chocolate and it turned out well! I wanted variety in sizes so I used my heart cookie cutters and a few without.