Serves 8 as side dish or under protein. We did halibut & asparagus.
2 pounds gold potatoes diced finely-your ideal risotto shape
1 yellow/white onion or 3 shallots- your preference
1/2 cup Heavy cream or whipping cream- pre whip
2 tablespoons Butter-softened at room temp
2 3/4 cups of stock- chicken or veggie
If you plan to do this recipe you really need a large pan and if you do not have a large pan I strongly advise you to cut this recipe in half.
- Sauté onions/shallots until translucent in butter on medium heat
- Add diced potatoes
- Add stock
- Add Splash of your favorite hot sauce-I prefer Tabasco
- Reduce heat slightly and cover for 5 minutes- if you need to stir- STIR
- Remove cover and bring heat back to medium, reduce for 10 min
- Continue to reduce as necessary
- Serve under your choice of protein and side of veg
- Or do whatever the hoot you want to do- just enjoy it
- My favorite addition no matter the main is- is aged balsamic or balsamic glaze ❤
One thought on “Potato Risotto Recipe”
YUM! Looks delish. Thank you for sharing!